Alien Boy - Sleeping Lessons TE184
**PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A PRE-ORDER ITEM**
- CASSETTES NOW SHIPPING. VINYL NOT IN STOCK YET.
- This is a Pre-Order and is expected to ship around the release date of August 31st.
- The final product may differ from the vinyl mock images.
- All physical purchases come with free digital downloads.
- If you combine Pre-Orders with other items, your entire order will be held until the Pre-Order item is ready to ship.
- Make two separate orders if there are other items that you wish to have shipped immediately.
In a scene where abstruse lyrics and ironic detachment are all the rage, Alien Boy’s high-stakes, loud pop is as refreshing as it is surprising. In the grand tradition of emo and pop-punk—and perhaps rock ’n roll in general—lead singer and songwriter Sonia Weber uses her songs to communicate subdued desires and secret grievances. Alien Boy’s debut LP Sleeping Lessons is a collection of lullabies for the pop masochist; like all good, emotional music, Weber’s songs are resonant because they’re unmistakably human.
Alien Boy takes their name from a Wipers song, but elsewhere the group’s PNW lineage is felt in a mordant grit gleaned from Team Dresch and early Heatmiser. It sets the tone for Weber to mix her deep-seated love of early 2000's generational touchstones with a Britpop frostiness to brilliant and totally unique results—from the tremolo dives and Stone Roses references on Ride-y opener “Somewhere Without Me”, to the sun-kissed, sub-three-minute power pop bliss of “600 Days”. Weber’s melodies are so bright and effective it’s easy to forget they come from a place of absolute emotional torment.
- Somewhere Without Me
- If We Don't Speak
- Only Posers Fall In Love
- Just Kids
- I Just Can't Feel It
- Hooked, Glued, You
- On The Ride Back Home (You Know What I Dream Of)
- 600 Days
- Sleeping Lessons
First Pressing (Vinyl):
200 Opaque Purple & Smoke Split (mailorder exclusive)
300 Pink & White Mix
First Pressing (Cassettes):
70 Gray Tint w/ Clear Liner (band exclusive)